1. Create something people actually want to buy.
2. Work on it everyday – but be patient, remember it’s a marathon not a sprint.
3. Be friendly but professional.
4. Have beautiful photos.
5. Make reproducable items.
6. Believe in yourself and your work -fiercely.
7. Get a Mailing list- its the most effective way to connect to your customer.
8. Do not sell from a hobby perspective, give a good price for profit.
9. Get your own website/blog.
10. Keep on Learning and Experimenting.
Culled from CREATE AND THRIVE.COM